Veronica Award Judging Process
All electronically submitted applications will go through the following process:
- Application is reviewed and scored by two randomly selected "first round" judges;
- The top 10 - 15% of the applications received (depending on scoring variance) will then be reviewed by a select review team. Each of the top applications will go through a final review performed by 3-4 people which will include a Superstar Foundation Board Member;
- The top applications will be ranked according to the same scoring criteria used by "first round" judges. The applications with the top 4 highest scores will move to the reference check stage;
- The 4 applications that receive the highest ranking will then go through a reference check. If all goes well then they are Veronica Award Winners. If the reference check uncovers something that contradicts the score of the application then the next highest ranked application will go through a reference check;
- Awards will be made by 3 PM (EST) on December 5, 2013. All winners must provide the Superstar Foundation with a picture of themselves (jpeg or gif file) before they will receive their grant payment. Checks are made payable to the applicant or nominee.